Friday, November 23, 2012

A Fresh Cut Tree

I absolutely LOVE Christmas trees!  I always have.  Christmas is simply not Christmas without the tree (well, I'm sure it still is Christmas but certainly not the same).  Beau and I started a tradition several years ago where we actually go and cut our own tree.  We usually go down to Sanpete County and head up Spring City Canyon to find the perfect tree.

This year was no different, except for the fact that this family tradition now included one more special person!  And that made the event super special and memorable!

I suppose it was also a little different because we did a little Pheasant Hunting before we actually headed up the canyon.


Beau was so excited to take Evie hunting.  Well, I guess she REALLY didn't hunt, but he was sure happy to have his girls with him while he did a little hunting himself.  Evie and I mostly just hung out near the truck.  The weather was AWESOME so we sang and giggled in the sun while we waited for Beau to return . . . which wasn't all that long.

This is Beau with his VERY good friend, Joe.  Joe and Beau are kindred spirits and Joe's family has become our family.  We love them dearly and stopping to "pheasant hunt" was probably more about stopping to see Joe and his boys than actually hunting birds.

But, since we were there, the boys did do a little hunting and they had a blast doing it.

Then . . . it was time to go do a different kind of hunting!  Tree hunting!  We headed up the canyon to see what we could find.

Gorgeous scenery, right?  It was kind of a weird year, because usually this road is snow packed by now.  We were super thankful for the pleasant conditions because we knew it could get too cold for our little Evie if we had to hike too far in the snow.

We spotted a pretty good group of trees from the road and we hopped out to see if one might work.  Well, this tree seemed perfect for us this year!  Despite the slightly chilly weather, I think Evie loved being out in the canyon and agrees that this tree will work perfectly.

Evie and I let Beau do all the hard work.  He cut the tree and then hauled it back to the truck.  What a good man!  Evie and I did our job of adoring the tree and cheering daddy on.

Lastly it was time to get our precious little Evie back in the warm truck.  Her little nose was turning pink.  Isn't she the cutest little winter baby you've ever seen?  Like most children, she doesn't usually care if she's cold as long as she's outside.  Regardless, we scurried back into the truck and drove our Christmas tree home to decorate.

Let the Holidays Begin!  


1 comment:

  1. What a fun family tradition! Evie is adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete