Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Evie - 7 Months

Another month has flown by and Evie just keeps on a-growin'.  She's healthy and happy.  What more can parents ask for?


What is she doing now?
  • She still LOVES her baths.  Maybe she loves them a little bit more. . . thus, the bath picture.  This was from her actual bath on December 11.  She's all smiles when it comes to bath time (and, she loves to sing while she soaks too).  
  • She started eating baby food (Nov. 18th).  She's liked everything she's tried.  I just started making my own baby food and I'm glad she likes it because it tastes WAY better than that bottled stuff (trust me, I've tried it all because I care that my baby eats food that is edible).  
  • She figured out the "da" sound and loves to practice it constantly (Nov. 25th).  "Da, Da, Da," is constant in her vocabulary right now.  Beau was pretty pleased about this.  
  • She babbles like crazy.  She'll just sit and jibber-jabber while she plays and it's absolutely adorable!
  • She loves to learn.  She's constantly listening to every word we say and watching every move we make.  It's obvious that she's trying to figure things out.  Sometimes it seems as if she just wishes she could just tell us stuff.  It's like she'll go to talk but then she realizes she doesn't quite know how to put the words together.   
  • I think because she loves to learn, she really loves books.  She loves to look at the pictures and colors as we read.  I started reading to her a while back and she loved it then, but she continues to get more passionate about reading as she grows.  She's already recognizing the stories I read because sometimes when she's a bit fussy I will start quoting books I've read to her and she quiets down and listens intently.
  • She's rolling like crazy!  She can roll, roll, roll . . . all over the room.  She loves to play on the floor and move her way around.  She's learning to scoot a little too. 
  • She is a little giggler.  Her giggles are beyond contagious and we'll find moments where she just wants to laugh.  We eat those moments up like they'll never happen again.  Beau and I both agree that her giggle is the happiest sound in the world.  Click on the video and then try to tell me you don't agree!  There's no way! (This video was taken about a week and a half ago.)  




No comments:

Post a Comment