Monday, February 17, 2014

LOTS of Valentine Love

Our little family celebrates the Valentine holiday on both the 13th and the 14th!  Now, that's a lot of love.  :)

Beau and I went on our first date on February 13th.  So, instead of going out and "officially" celebrating on Valentine's Day, we celebrate Valentine's Day on the 13th . . . in honor of the day we first met.

I surprised Beau with a "Love Jar" that was filled with 50 paper hearts.  Each heart had something I loved about him as well as a favorite memory of mine over the past 10 years.  Beau surprised me with a beautiful and vibrant bouquet of flowers, a sweet love note, a delicious cupcake, and an overnight stay at the Blue Boar Inn in Midway.

We still don't love leaving our little Evie girl for very long, so we decided to go out to dinner . . . just the two of us, and then pick up our little love bug and head up to Midway for some hotel fun.

Here's to 10 years of dating.  Our first date was 10 years ago.
Still today, I love dating my handsome Beau.
As soon as we got to the Blue Boar, Evie was so excited.  She was given a cookie upon entering, and then she went right for the bed as soon as we got in our room.  That girl could run, jump, and fall in the pillows for hours!


We stayed up and played, laughed, tickled, and snuggled until 10:30ish when I found myself waking up to the three of us who had all fallen asleep together on the bed.  I gave my little Evie a kiss and tucked her into her GoCrib, and then I snuggled right back into bed with Beau.  We all slept soundly and then awoke for a yummy Blue Boar Breakfast.


After breakfast it was time to take Evie home and spoil her rotten.  Ha, ha!  How can we not when she's so stinkin' cute?!


We gave her two new Dr. Seuss books (she LOVES books), a stuffed animal that goes with one of the books, and a balloon (she LOVES balloons too).  We had to get to reading one of those books right away.


She then started getting spoiled by others!  The Valentine's Man made it to our door.  (He's always been good to my family since I was a child and he bring goodies filled with love to the door.  They mysterious thing is that he rings the doorbell and vanishes.)  Evie got a cute Valentine's book and a darling jar filled with candy . . . otherwise known as num-nums.  Beau and I got a bag full of Dove Chocolates.  Yum!


Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Kay stopped by to spread some love.  Crazy thing is that they happened to stop by RIGHT after the Valentine's Man.  Hmmmmmmm…….


A few hours later we got a visit from Grandpa George.  He brought Evie a cute little Minnie Mouse Valentine filled with more num-nums.


After that it was time to go night-night.

The crazy thing is that the Valentine Love didn't end there!  Two days later, after checking our mailbox, we found more love!

Auntie Amber mailed us all some Love goodies!  Evie got spoiled with lots of Hello Kitty stuff.  Beau and I got a Kneaders Gift Card for all of our "Kneads."  It was so creative and we're so thankful!


There was also a fun card in the mail that day from Evie's birth family!  Yay!  It was filled with a sweet love note.  We love and appreciate them so much!


Aunt Traci (CiCi), Uncle Brodie, Carter and Mollie sent Evie a fun Valentine too!  They sent Evie some bubbles (Valentine, you "blow" me away).  We took those outside and had a lot of fun.


Nanna and Papa had also called to wish us all a happy Valentine's Day and said they had a special Valentine for Evie too.  We'll collect it from them the next time we see them.

So, needless to say, we definitely felt the LOVE this Valentine's Day holiday!  I'm so grateful to be loved by so many, and even MORE grateful that my little Evie Doll is loved and adored by so many too.  It sure makes life much more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment