Friday, July 4, 2014

We Celebrate the Land of the Free

I love Independence Day!  I love celebrating the land I live in, the freedoms we all enjoy, and beauty that surrounds us.  God bless all those men and women who have serve and continue to serve us and our country by defending our freedoms.  God bless their families too.

We started off the day with a family brunch.

Daddy and Evie walking up to Grandma and Grandpa's House.

Several of the family members enjoying some good eats.

Beau makes the BEST Ebelskivers (Danish pancakes) around!
After brunch, I took Evie swimming with the other side of the family.  It's a 4th of July tradition!

We both love the water and the sun.
Later that night we went to a neighborhood BBQ.  Evie got to play on a big swing set with other kids and she loved it!


When the booms and pops of the fireworks started, Evie was not a fan.
She still hates loud noises and the fireworks were just scary.
She jumped right in my lap, clung tight, and covered her ears.

Nothing says the 4th of July better than this, right?
We love our ice cream around here!

We hope you all had a great time celebrating our great country.   It is such a privilege to live in America and we count all of our lucky stars to be living here today.

From the cutest 4th of July toddler ever . . . . 
God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment