Monday, March 30, 2015

Adeline at 3 Months

This little sweet pea is still growing.  Oh, how they grow so stinkin' fast during their first year.  Addie is  coming along perfectly and reaching all the milestones she should be.  To boot . . . she's the sweetest ever and we looooove spending every minute with her.

What is she doing now?
  • She is SO full of smiles.  She has a huge smile that is super infectious.
  • She now giggles.  She loves to find that giggle and I love to pull it out of her.  
  • She is very ticklish.  This comes in handy when I really want to hear her giggles. 
  • She smiles big when I kiss her cheeks.  And, let's be honest . . . those cheeks are SO hard to resist.  Even more so when I get a huge smile when I kiss them.
  • She must have gone through a growth spurt and has now backed off for a minute because she is eating a little less now.  She eats about 3 ounces per feeding on average. (She was doing 4 on average when I reported last month.)
  • The reduction in eating has also resulted in a reduction of sleeping during the night.  She was giving me a good 6-hour stint at night and then going right back to her regular 3-hour intervals.  But, now I'm getting a 4-hour stint and then heading back to the 3-hour intervals.  It's exhausting.  But, I've got to be honest and say that I couldn't be happier that it's Addie that is wearing me out. I tell her almost every morning that it's a good thing she is so cute, because I seriously cannot be mad about having this sweet girlie in my home . . . regardless of sleep deprivation.  I mean, it's nothing that an afternoon Diet Coke can't fix . . . right?
  • She loves to follow things with her eyes.  She gets quite fascinated with the mobile above her swing.  And, quite honestly, Evie moves around nonstop and Addie loves to follow her with her eyes.  She also just started watching her toes move.
  • She LOVES it when she is sung to.  She will actually start to "sing" with me (which sounds like nonstop coo's) and it's to-die-for.  She often squeals in delight too.
  • She loves her one-on-one attention when I just sit and hold her and talk with her.  She talks right back and offers a gazillion smiles too.
  • She can totally hold her head up now.
You guys!  She is so darn adorable and sweet.  We absolutely love her to pieces.  

No comments:

Post a Comment