Tuesday, April 21, 2015

It's Another Birthday!

My birthday came around again and we had fun celebrating.  Before the date of my actual birthday both my parents and Beau's parents took me out to dinner (on separate nights, of course).



Goodwood with my parents.
(Addie was there . . . just out of the picture sitting in her car seat.)


Magelby's with Beau's parents.
I love the excuse to make dinner plans and I'm super grateful to both sets of parents for their love, for spoiling me with a paid dinner, and making the time for me.

The day of my actual birthday was spent with my little family.  Beau had to work during the day so I chose to take the girls to a picnic in the park.  I had a friend offer to watch my girls so I could go shopping or something, but my girls are my best friends and I wanted to be with them on my birthday.

Best picture I could grab with the self timer.  :)
After naps, Beau had made his way home from work (earlier than usual) and he brought a babysitter with him so he could take me out to dinner.  Super thoughtful, right!?  With kids there is usually a snag and this particular night there were two (one for each kid).  Addie would not stay with the sitter.  She cried and cried.  As soon as I would take her back, she was totally fine.  So, instead of torturing the sitter and Addie (and truthfully myself as I would have worried the whole time I was away) we let Addie come along.  The second snag was with Evie.  She hadn't been feeling very well (she had been fevering) and she didn't want mom and dad to leave either.  I gave her some medicine and food to see if that would temper her a little and it did.  Her fever came down a little and she was ready to play.

HORRIBLE quality (dang iPhone), but we had fun.
While we were away Evie was spoiled and our sitter bought her a "blue ice cream" as she likes to call it (really it's a shave ice).  She was thrilled!


When I got home we opened presents.  Beau was SUPER great with the gifts this go-around.  They were all things I wanted.

Evie REALLY wanted to get me birthday balloons.

I got the 48-cup muffin tin I wanted and a book on my list.

I also got a big flat screen TV.  We brought it in the house a couple days later.
So . . . I survived another year.  I was pounded with loving texts, cards, and messages during the day from people who love me and thought about me.  I am grateful for all of the people in my life and feel so blessed in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment