I love Beau's mommy too. I'm so grateful for the son she raised and so many of his GREAT qualities were developed because of her loving mothering.
And now, I also love Mother's Day because I actually am a mom now. We worked so very hard to become parents and we don't take this special opportunity for granted. Being a mom is something worth celebrating. It's, by far, the hardest job I've every taken on, yet the most rewarding. I love my littles with all that I have. They have made my heart grow a million times larger and they teach me SO much every single day. I am BEYOND grateful for the opportunity to be their mommy.
We also LOVE to celebrate the birth mothers of our sweet babes. These mothers hold such a high place in our hearts. Without them, we wouldn't be parents. They are definitely birth MOTHERS. Even though they aren't raising these sweet little people, Mother is still attached to their title. They love these sweet girls in a way that only mothers know. They love these sweet girls so much that these moms broke their hearts to offer these girls a better life from the very start. Great mothers sacrifice all that they can for their sweet children, and the birth mothers of our sweet girls definitely sacrificed A LOT when they placed them in our home and family. We honor them. We respect them. We love them.
The following are a few quotes that come from The Importance of Mothers in the LDS Church news.
The power and responsibility mothers wield in shaping humanity is awe-inspiring. Each one of us has been affected by mothers.
When a person spells mom upside down, it spells wow. Rudyard Kipling wrote, “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.”
The mothers in our lives do so much. Their divine sacrifices should be remembered and honored. Reuters news service reported in 2010 that a U.S.-based international calling firm called VIP Communications conducted a study about call volumes on holidays. The firm found that call volume on Mother’s Day is the highest. It’s interesting to note that one of the Savior’s last concerns at death was a plea to His disciple John to care for His mother: “When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home” (John 19:26–27).
President Thomas S. Monson expressed perfectly why disciples of Christ acknowledge the mothers in their lives when he said, “‘Mother,’ more than any other word, is held in universal esteem by all peoples everywhere. It brings forth from the soul the most tender of hidden emotions, prompts more good deeds, kindles memories’ fires as they burn low, and reminds all to strive to be better” (“Honor Thy Mother,” Mother’s Day pamphlet, 1981).





No comments:
Post a Comment