To some, Lagoon is not fun (Beau!). But, to others it is. Evie and I had a great time as we joined some of my family for a fun day at Lagoon.
My parents challenged us all to read the Book of Mormon by a specific date. Those of us who read it, were rewarded with a trip to Lagoon. Evie and I made it. I read the actual Book of Mormon, and Evie read an age-appropriate one.
And, I've meant to mention this before for those of you who could use some help with reading scriptures with your littles. Evie has LOVED "reading scriptures" because of a couple of books I found. They are awesome and I picked them up when she was just over two-years-old and she still loves them. We read:
"Who's Your Hero?: The Ultimate Collection." We have Volume 1 and 2. Each night when we go to read scriptures as a family, we let Evie look at the cover of the books and choose the Hero we will read about. Usually we end up reading more than one scripture story because she loves them so much. It's great. (I also picked up a similar book that covers bible stories.)
Anyways . . . We got to go to Lagoon! It was super fun!
Evie SERIOUSLY loved it so much. She had a ball on the rides.
This was her favorite ride. It took us pretty high and then just dropped us. When we went on it for the first time I knew she would either LOVE it or HATE it. She LOVED it. She was smiling from ear-to-ear and requested to ride it again and again. I think we rode it four times throughout the day. It was so fun!
We also rode several other rides, the train included. Evie told me that it was James who we were riding because he's a steamy and that's what this train was (it truly was a steam-powered train and it was red . . . so, James it must have been!). The train takes you through the little zoo they have there. Evie loves animals, so that was a treat. She also loved going to an entertainment show where people sang and danced.
We had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment