Thursday, April 21, 2016

A Perfect Birthday

My birthday just rolled around and I gotta say . . . it was the nicest birthday I've had in years.  I didn't end up doing anything crazy or outlandish.  The day just went so smoothly, the weather was WAY better than expected, my girls were even more angelic than usual, and so much love was sent to me by so many of my most favorite people.

My sweet mother and father-in-law took me to lunch a few days before my birthday.  That was so nice of them and we had a great time together.


When the day of my birthday rolled around I was pretty excited.  Not because I LOVE my birthday, but because Evie had been anticipating it for DAYS and was so, so excited.  She definitely brought an element of magic back to my special day and it made it that much more fun.

Because she was so excited and loves donuts, we just had to have them for breakfast.  That is DEFINITELY a special occasion at our house.


Beau then had to scoot off to work (boo!), but the girls and I had more plans.  We met my parents up at Sundance for lunch.  Oh, it was so pretty, the food was so yummy, the girls were so well-behaved during lunch, we had no potty accidents, and my parents were a delight to be with.




We then headed home for naps and awaited Beau's arrival.  He made it home for dinner.  I didn't want to worry about cooking or doing dishes, so we decided to go get take-out and head to a local park.  With the weather being so nice, we had to take total advantage of it.  It was SO fun.  We ate and then played.





After we had lots of play time and dusk was upon us, we loaded back up in the car and headed to a fabulous cupcake shop for dessert.  It was SO yummy!


When we got home, I was given my stack of gifts.  I was given balloons, flowers, and a new Kindle Paperwhite (and all the gear to go with it).


I was definitely spoiled in all sorts of ways.  My favorite thing is to be able to spend quality time with my family and that is what made this birthday so awesome!  Here's to another great and exciting year!

No comments:

Post a Comment