Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween Treats AND Tricks

This year we found lots of treats AND an awful trick.

The festivities started a little early.  We have an annual Halloween party with Beau's family every year. It's one of the parties we all look forward to.  And, as usual, we had a great time.  It was held mid-October this year.

We dressed up as a bottle of Ketchup, a Police Officer, a Lady Bug, and a Kitty Cat.


And, here is a group picture of everyone!  The costumes are pretty awesome.  We had a huge Toy Story clan, Peter Pan/Wendy/Tinker Bell combo, a scarecrow, and a runner.


And, to follow tradition, we followed all of this fun up with some delicious food and family games.

As Halloween finally approached I knew that pumpkin carving would be on the agenda this year.  Evie has been WAY into pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns for years now.  I mean, she seriously hasn't stopped talking about Halloween stuff since LAST year.  She's a riot.    So, now that she's old enough I decided to bite the bullet and make jack-o-lanterns with her.  We grew pumpkins this year, so we went out to the garden to pick the perfect pumpkins.  When we got in the house I told Evie she could choose the faces.  We jumped on the computer to look for patterns and as we started looking through them she wanted NOTHING to do with the ones that looked cute and happy.  We MUST have scary/spooky ones.  So . . . she chose her favorite 2 and off we went.


We started carving and I had Evie pull out the "guts" of the pumpkins while I scraped them down.  She was NOT a fan of the slime.  Not one bit.  She lasted for about 2 handfuls and then passed that job right back to me.  LOL.  Once we started carving, Evie was thrilled.  And, then she fell asleep right in her chair with her head down on the countertop.  I had to keep carving because I didn't know how much time I would have until Addie would wake up from her nap, so I got both pumpkins carved before both babies awoke.

But, when they awoke, they were both thrilled.  Evie loved her pumpkins and she especially loved that they looked like Draculas.  They passed the "spooky" test.  We had to light them right away to see them glow.


Then, the day before Halloween was filled with all sorts of fun.  It started out with a Halloween lunch at daddy's work.  Everyone in Beau's office dresses up, so it was fun to see all of the costumes.  And, of course the girls LOVED getting to spend some extra time with their daddy.  I did too.


After lunch, we went to pick up cousin HaLee for the afternoon.  She went with us to Aunt Amber's work to trick-or-treat.  They had SO much fun and loaded up on SO much candy.  I think they really loved the trick-or-treating part, but they loved playing with Amber in her office even more.  What a fun treat!


After that, we hurried home to eat dinner and then we went to our neighborhood trunk-or-treat.  This involved trick-or-treating as well as a dance party.  It was way fun.  Adel and dad handed out the candy.


I took HaLee and Evie around to all the "trunks" to trick-or-treat.


Then, it was home to get some much needed rest, because we had parties and trick-or-treating to go to the next day.  After all, the next day was actually Halloween!

And . . . that's where the BIG trick comes in.  Evie caught a stomach bug and "spit up" in her bed around 4am.  She called it "spit up," but it was full-on throw up.  It was everywhere and it was disgusting and awfully sad.

And, like flies, we all started dropping.  Daddy was sick within a few hours of that.  I managed to last until the late evening (thankfully, because I don't know who would have taken care of the girls if both Beau and I were down-and-out at the same time).


It really was a mean Halloween trick that hit our house.  Addie had been sick a few days before, so I think she started it.  I just didn't really know she was that sick until it started hitting the rest of us (those poor little babies can't really tell you how sick they truly are).  So, needless to say, we missed our annual Halloween parties at the grandparents homes.  Major bummer!

But, today we are all feeling good, eating without wanting to puke, and we've found our smiles again.  So, I dressed my babies back up to get some good/decent Halloween pics of each of them.  They are sooooo darn cute!

Here's our darling little kitty cat.  The costume fits her well because her favorite animal around our house is indeed our black barn cat.  Man, you just want to grab her off your screen and squeeze her, don't you!?


And, here's our lovely lady bug.  She is charming in every way imaginable.  I hope you all had a fun and safe and sick-free Halloween weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment