Saturday, November 7, 2015

Snow Canyon Half Marathon and Half Mile

My brother and I trained for another half marathon.  We thought it would be fun to take a weekend trip to St. George and run the Snow Canyon Half.  

I personally was jazzed about this run because I feel like I didn't really get to train well for my half marathon in June.  Now that sweet Baby Addie is sleeping through the night I was able to get better training milage and much more consistently.  


I also asked Evie if she wanted to run a race too.  She totally did so I signed her up for the Half Mile kids run.  A half mile is kind of a ways to run when you're only three-years-old, but Evie is a go-getter and she's super athletic so I knew she could do it.  

We both practiced.  I did a lot of my miles on the treadmill.  I took Evie to the high school track to practice her half mile.  

We both ran our races and conquered them!


We both got our medals and were thrilled!  

We had a HUGE cheering section too!  
Beau and Adeline were there.  I ran the entire race with my brother, Tyler.  So, obviously he was there.  His family (wife and three kiddos) was there too.  My mom and dad made the trip down to cheer us all on.  Evie's birth grandma and birth aunt were there.  Amber, Beau's sister, also ran the half marathon so she was there.  And, Beau's mom and dad made the trip down to support us all.  My uncle Kelly was there too . . . helping with the race.  It was such a fun family affair.

We are blessed to have such healthy bodies to complete something so physical.  We're even more blessed to be loved by so many! 

No comments:

Post a Comment