Friday, July 20, 2012

Beau Is Officially 1 Year Older

Happy Birthday to Beau!  When I told Evie that it was daddy's birthday she seemed pretty content with that news.

Yay!  It's daddy's Birthday!
When I told her how old daddy was turning, she COULD NOT believe her ears!

He's how old!?
Beau has been working some CRAZY hours these past couple of weeks, so we weren't really sure when we would see him come home from work.  So, I just planned a quiet night inside.

Beau's mom and stepdad wanted to come visit.  They said they wanted to come because it was Beau's birthday, but we know that they really wanted to come see Evie.  We really cannot blame them one bit!

Evie with Grandma & Grandpa Bird
The Birthday Boy finally made his appearance at home when the clock struck a little after 8pm.  All he wanted was his little girl in his arms.  His birthday wish was granted.

Evie loves to watch her daddy!
After Beau threw a few smiles Evie's way, she was smitten. 

(Beau was talking when I took this, but I had to capture Evie's face.)
I prepped all the food so we could all make our very own grilled pizzas.  We popped the dough on the grill, came back inside to "decorate" our pizzas up with whatever toppings we desired, and then put them back on the grill to cook to perfection.



While we ate our delicious creations, Evie was completely content and fascinated with the baby swing and the mobile above it.


Here is Beau's gift pile.  


After eating dinner, I asked him if he wanted to open gifts and he said, "No Way!  I want to feed Evie and get her ready for bed."  He cared very little about his gifts and just wanted to snuggle with his princess.  So, again . . . his birthday wish was granted.

Beau picked out his favorite pair of jammies.
Then he swaddled her right up and fed that beautiful girl.
When Evie was sound asleep for the night and mom and dad had said their goodbyes, Beau finally opened up his gifts.


I gave him a new lawn mower (he has to pick it up himself . . . I'm nice like that).  Evie gave him tickets to a concert in the park (taped to some yummy candy).  We get to go see Rodney Atkins as a family next week.  We also got him some little bunt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes, but it was way too late to eat cake so that's what he ate for breakfast the next day.

Speaking of the next day . . . since we didn't really have a lot of time to celebrate on the actual birth day, we had all sorts of fun today.  Beau took the day off (although he still ended up working a little from home) and he woke up early to go glass for deer with his brother, Chance.  While he was gone, Evie & I logged 6 miles.  Then we all went to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe.


We also all got an afternoon nap & made a trip to the chiropractor.  We are feeling good! 

 Happy birthday to the love of my life!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture of Evie with her eyes wide open. She is just way to cute!

    ReplyDelete