Her first taste of the stuff was a little over a week ago (Oct. 16th), and she did surprisingly well! She hardly spit any out and she ate more than I thought she would. I love the pictures because she was so matter-of-fact about the new ordeal. I think if she could talk she would say something like, "What's the big deal, guys? It's just rice cereal. It's not super awesome, but it's not super gross."
That being said, the days following were a different story. She was saying something more like, "Serious? We have to do this every day? Just give me my bottle, mom!" So, that's what I did. I didn't want to force her, but I didn't want to give up and so I continued to give it a good faith effort every day so she could learn to adapt and acclimate to the routine.
Thankfully, that's what she did. It's only been a week, but the last few days have been a major success. She eats her cereal like a champ and then we finish off the rest of her breakfast with a bottle. She is sure to let me know when she's had enough cereal, but I continue to be pleased with how well she's eating it . . . without resulting to extra efforts like mixing it with fruit and such. What a good girl! Even better, this is helping to keep her much more satisfied during the day and I think she feels a lot better because of it. Yay!
I can't believe she's eating rice cereal! Shouldn't they stay little, little forever?? Time goes way too fast! P.S. She is the cutest sophie I've ever seen :)
ReplyDelete