Friday, April 26, 2013

Making Friends and Tulips

The people in our new ward and neighborhood have been sooooo warm and welcoming.  When we first moved to our new house we were blessed with several people from the neighborhood dropping by, bringing us goodies, and welcoming us to the area.  There have been a few ladies who have invited me and Evie to go on little play dates and our schedule finally allowed us to attend one.

Evie and I met up with several ladies and their kids at the Thanksgiving Point Tulip festival.  Evie is so social and loves to be around other children, so this was a VERY fun excursion for her.  It's nice to know that there are so many kids for Evie to grow up around.  I also loved getting to know the women in my neighborhood better and it feels so good to know that I'm on my way to making some good friends with some very good people. 

There was a fun, little place where there were LOTS of fish to look at.
Evie LOVED watching the fishies.
These are some of the darling children that played with us.  They're a little
older than Evie, but there were also kids that were closer to Evie's age.
They were in strollers .  . .  just like Evie was.

And, I couldn't help but pull Evie out of the stroller to catch a cute picture with the tulips.  Isn't she so cute?


I must leave you with a couple photos I took of the flowers. They are absolutely gorgeous and there are literally MILLIONS of them throughout the Thanksgiving Point gardens. It's a beautiful sight!


It was probably the hottest day we've had thus far and we LOVED being out in the sunshine.  Can't wait for summer!!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment