Friday, May 3, 2013

Livin' On Tulsa Time

Beau has been dying to go see Don Williams in concert.  I can honestly say that, of all the gifts I've given Beau, he has used his Don Williams CD the very most.  Don Williams travels with Beau in his truck wherever Beau goes . . . up the canyon, hunting, on scout trips, the grocery store.  You name it, and as long as Beau is in his truck, so is Don.

Don is getting old (we looked up his age and he's 70-something) so it's hard to say no to a Don Williams concert these days because who knows how much longer he'll continue to tour.  Beau and I planned our date night and we invited Chance and Jamie to go with us.  We had sushi for dinner and then headed to the concert.  All four of us can admit that it was a very good concert.  Don Williams has such a smooth, rich voice and he honestly sounded better live.  (For those of you who do not know who Don WIlliams is, you are NOT alone.  He's an old-time country singer from back in the same era as Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, and the likes.)

Chance and Beau.
Chance is a good husband as you can see he's holding
his darling wife's purse.  Good man!
(I'm sure Beau would have done the same had I asked.)

Chance & Jamie

Me and Beau
I sure love spending one-on-one time with this handsome man.

Mr. Don Williams himself. 
Good news is that all of us had our favorite songs that we had hoped he would sing (well, Jamie didn't really know very many of his songs . . . so she didn't have one), and he sung them all.  Mine was, "Livin' on Tulsa Time."  Needless to say, we were very pleased when we left the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment