The day started out with Beau making me breakfast. He let me choose the menu and I did a darn good job choosing and he did a darn good job cooking (fresh omelet with ebelskivers).
We went to church and then Evie and Beau gave me a beautiful card and a much-wanted gift (a Bosch Blender plus an Amazon Gift Card).
We then had the chance to go visit and love on our own moms. We visited Beau's mom who we adore and admire so much.
We also got the chance to visit my mom. I gotta say, I've always been a weee-bit attached to my mom. While I'm a very independent person, I have always leaned on my mom when I needed someone (other than Beau). I love her. I just do!
I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day. I know that it can be a hard day for some (trust me . . . I went through SEVERAL years of yearning to be a mother myself), but moms truly offer and teach us what true love is. No matter who we are and what circumstances we come from, there can always be a reason to rejoice and honor women/motherhood.
I love this quote by President Gordon B. Hinkley.
"We must never lose sight of the strength of the women. ... It is mothers who most directly affect the lives of their children. ... It is mothers who nurture them and bring them up in the ways of the Lord. Their influence is paramount. ...
"... They are the creators of life. They are the nurturers of children. They are the teachers of young women. They are our indispensable companions. They are our co-workers in building the kingdom of God. How great is their role, how marvelous their contribution."
No comments:
Post a Comment