Evie's first birthday party was quite the success. I've been planning her party for about a month . . . just doing a little here and a little there. This helped to make it fun, cute and memorable without any major stress. (P.S. Cute Jamie, the most talented graphic designer I know, covered the graphics for the party. She designed the cute strawberry logo above and also did the invitations. She's pretty amazing and I highly recommend her for any of your graphic needs. You can click on her name to see more of her awesome work.)
Because Evie loves strawberries, they became the theme and inspiration of the party. I decorated in various shades of pinks and lime greens and was sure to have several pictures of Evie out on display.
The refreshment table consisted mainly of a build-your-own Strawberry Shortcake bar. I also added some cake pops and cupcakes to the mix, but the shortcake was definitely the sweet treat of choice.
Of course, to NO surprise, Evie was REALLY the sweet treat of choice. She loved having so many of her loved ones around to play with, loved eating as many strawberries as she wanted, and she LOVED her cake (if you want to know what I made for her birthday cake you can find my recipe here). She really doesn't love her hands and feet to be dirty, so she opted to put her face right down in her cake to take bites instead of doing so with her fingers. It was SO much fun to watch. She's a riot. Plus, this allowed her to take a birthday bath right in the middle of the day and she couldn't have been more pleased with that.
We were grateful that so many of our family members came to celebrate with her. The way she is loved by so many cannot even be put into words.
Besides the fact that everyone came to celebrate Evie's birthday, they also left her such kind words that I will save for her and I hope she cherishes them forever.
Along with sweet words, Evie was also showered with lots of gifts. Everyone was so ultra generous!
We ended the party with horsey (or mule) rides! There's a picture of Evie up above on her horsey ride, but here are some of the other kids.
| Kaden |
| HaLee |
| Katie Bug |
| Ethan |
To no surprise, Beau and I relished the day with our precious Evie Doll. We soaked up every minute and it was fun to reflect her growth over the past year. We are so happy to have this sweet girl in our family.
Our hearts are full and our happiness is overflowing. We are so grateful for our baby girl and we are also SO thankful to all of those who help shower her with love. It brings a lot of joy to our hearts to see our Evie loved by so many.
Happy 1st Birthday to our "Berry" sweet Evie!


This is so cute - way to go! I can't wait to see you guys in a few days!
ReplyDelete